Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Quiet lock for church building

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 09 May 2011 10:52:57 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

RS at work wrote:

The only other option would be a mag lock and adjust the closer to
have a very slow latch speed, but that would be rather pricey, and
have a learning curve that might be difficult for the members to
adjust to.

I've seen this done. A non-moving crash
bar with a capacitive sensor that opens
the mag lock. Elegant and silent, but not
cheap.

I should mention..I believe I have several of those magnetic locks,
along with some solenoid operated strikes and so forth.

I did run an alarm co for 15 yrs....shrug

Gunner

That is what I am looking at for our fire station. Would love to go to a
swipe card system. Currently we use commercial locks with keys stamped
do not copy, the copies aren't the problem. It's folks who leave the
dept and take the keys, or who "loan" friends the keys. Figured with the
swipe system we could trace who went through the doors easier. And if
someone leaves we could take their card out of the system. Only have
two main doors that would need the electronics. The other doors could be
switched to exit only and one with a secured key on each building in
case of power/lock failure.
It's amazing to folks when we tell them some of the items that have
"walked" out of the building over the years....

--
Steve W.