Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Quiet lock for church building

On Mon, 09 May 2011 10:52:57 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

RS at work wrote:

The only other option would be a mag lock and adjust the closer to
have a very slow latch speed, but that would be rather pricey, and
have a learning curve that might be difficult for the members to
adjust to.

I've seen this done. A non-moving crash
bar with a capacitive sensor that opens
the mag lock. Elegant and silent, but not
cheap.

I should mention..I believe I have several of those magnetic locks,
along with some solenoid operated strikes and so forth.

I did run an alarm co for 15 yrs....shrug

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is