Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Leveling Main Level

The bumps I have are not huge, its just that they would be visible if
I have a nice shiny floor on top of them, and I don't want to go
through all the work of putting a new floor on if I'm going to be
disappointed at the end. Having taken the carpet off, it seems my
problems are limited to one specific area, which is below the
stairwell. There aren't any ants, molds, or other alarming things in
the area -- I can see some of the joists from below. It just looks
like there was some shifting over the years, but I'll know more once I
take the actual floor board off. There is another section, right
beside the main supporting wall there is a bit of a dip down. That's
a little more concerning, but again, I'll know more once I take those
floor boards off as well. It looks like I will have to reinforce the
area underneath a bit before I continue though regardless.

John