Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Brian is offline

Default (OT sorry) Virgin Media Tariff Oddity.

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2011 18:48:35 +0100, Brian wrote:

But you're not renting the box from them. You may be for the first
year or so but the box becomes yours after the initial 12-month
contract (or whatever length of contract it is).

That's certainly the impression I have but then I've not looked at a
Sky contract ever. Only paid £20 once for a Freesat from Sky card.

IMHO the £65 to fix whatever problem you may have is good value.

How often do you need to call someone out? More than once every 7
months or so the £9/month becomes the better option. But I guess a
call out is far far less frequent than that...

In our case, twice in the last 10 years :-)