Posted to uk.d-i-y
km km is offline

Default WC waste pipe - cutting suggestions

On Mon, 09 May 2011 11:06:43 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 9 May 2011 02:01:07 -0700 (PDT), Dom Ostrowski
wrote:

On May 9, 9:27 am, km wrote:
I am planning the replacement of bathroom suite. Looking at the waste
pipe coming from the back of the WC it appears it was installed with
some "make-do" cutting of the pipe to accommodate an unusual angle
into the waste pipe running to the stack which is on the other side of
the house.

What way is recommended for cutting such a big pipe? Hacksaw, angle
grinder?

Cutting before fitting should make it a do-able job for me but until I
take up the floorboards I don't know whether any cutting will be
necessary of the pipe while in place. What suggestions does anyone
have to help if that is needed?

km

If pvc - a ripsaw. Practice on a bit of scrap first.

Thanks Dom.

Any thought about cutting a pipe in a confined space?

km

Fein type tool - how I did mine.

Just done some research on this. Looks impressively adaptable. Bit
pricey mind you.

Is the saw cutter deep enough to go through the waste from one
position ie above or did you have to work your way around the pipe. I
ask this because am unsure what joists etc will be in the way.

km