Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dav.p.[_2_] Dav.p.[_2_] is offline

Default Compaq Presario 1230 Laptop Accessing BIOS Setup

a few years ago. You may consider this obsolete, but to me, it is very
useful.

I don't...

Hi, i'm from Italy, once in a while i put my nose in the US repair ng, but it seems incredibly
DEAD!! Why??? It's the wrong one? There are many? It's my provider? bah..

Do you know a technique to bypass the password requirement so
I can change the boot sequence?

U have 2 ways to fix the problem, crack the passw or fix the floppy problem, but since
u maybe will have to access the bios in the future it's not bad starting to crack it..
i know the pass is stored in many laptops in a chip that if i remeber what i have read is
common to many producers, so if u want, start to find the chip name or dismount the laptop
to see, if u find that the chip is the same as the Ibm thinkpad T2x (T20 etc..) series u can
find in internet a little project to crack it, with a very little homemade hardware and a little
software to read it's eprom and decode it to pull the passw. Bye