Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Need Help Re Pipe Connection

dpb wrote:
On 5/8/2011 11:12 AM, wrote:
I have plastic water piping. I have an outside freeze-proof faucet
connected to this piping that I want to replace. Wouldn't you know
that the male end of the metal faucet threads into the female plastic
pipe such that the result has my faucet bib pointing straight up.
When I back off the connection in order to get the faucet to point
downward, the connection leaks.

I have heard I think that there is a glue or some such that one can
put on the threads in a case like this - let it set (set up) a while
- which will harden and be leak proof. Is there something? Should I
use it?

Hard to imagine can't get another half-turn w/ plastic...

You can, but the plastic is guaranteed to split.

I don't believe PVC female fittings, without a rubber washer seal, are
recommended these days.

OP - replace the female fitting with a union having metal threads on the output
end.