Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default cheap painless repair for faux wood garage door panel?

On 5/8/2011 1:12 AM, hr(bob) wrote:
On May 7, 8:28 pm, wrote:
On 5/7/2011 7:13 PM, Colbyt wrote:

wrote in message

(snip)
--
aem sends

The policitcal hacks will have to bear with you on this one.

What is the door made from?

Door appears to be wood frame, presumably with foam in middle, with
(what I call) Masonite faces, smooth on inside and wood-grain texture on
outside. Idiot previous owner never finished the inside face, so it is
stained from the water that runs through cracks when you open the door.
Outside has at least 3 coats of paint- factory, previous owner, and the
'college pro' half-ass paint job I foolishly paid for (on entire house)
3 years ago.

aem sends....

Are the wood grain structure inserts painted, or wood-colored? I like
bondo myself.

Painted, but they aren't inserts. It is more like an interior
hollow-core door. The frame of each panel is not visible from street
when door is closed- the faux woodgrain sheet of masonite covers the
whole surface of the panel on both sides.

--
aem sends...