Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

On 5/7/2011 9:07 PM, tmclone wrote:
Get a hot air popper, use actual corn kernals, and add real butter and
salt when it's finished. Much easier, faster, safer, lower in calories
and MUCH higher in taste.

We used to have one of those and the plastic housing finally self
destructed. Couldn't find a replacement so I bought the microwave popper
I linked to earlier in this thread. One thing we immediately noticed is
that the popped corn had more flavor than the air popper version. If you
think about it the air popper fills the room with "popcorn smell" when
you use it which means there is a lot less remaining in the corn.