Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DougC DougC is offline

Default DuPont Teflon silicon spray for drilling lubricant?

On 5/5/2011 12:00 PM, John Doe wrote:
Has anybody tried using DuPont's Teflon silicon spray for a drilling lubricant? Is it too lightweight?

http://www2.dupont.com/Products_and_...se/silicon.jpg

I am using canola oil right now I apply with a dropper bottle, as I
ended up with some I wouldn't be using for cooking at all, and there was
no local source of real cutting fluid in small quantities.

The canola oil definitely works better than nothing, and it doesn't cost
much and it doesn't smell at all in use--but it probably doesn't work as
well as "real" cutting fluid would either.