Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Referendum

On 07/05/2011 23:35, Robin wrote:
Indeed. Up to a few weeks ago I was quite indifferent to the
referendum and was inclined not to vote at all and be indifferent to
the result. What pesuaded me to vote no was the constant whinining of
those in favour, so evident here that not only was FPTP 'unfair' but
that anyone voting no was somehow 'brainwashed' etc. It

I trust that will cheer up Roger. After all, he did start this thread
with "But please vote - whichever way you choose." So he got *a* result
he wanted after all

Well partially! My reasons for starting the thread were to encourage
people to think about the issues, form a conclusion, and vote - and,
hopefully, conclude that YES was the right choice.

I obviously succeeded with the first of these but, sadly, not with the
second. Nevertheless, it's been a good healthy discussion - with people
presenting reasoned arguments, without too much flaming - and I thank
everyone who has participated for that.
--
Cheers,
Roger