Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

On Sat, 7 May 2011 17:34:35 -0700 (PDT), Roy
wrote:

On May 7, 2:58Â*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Larry Fishel wrote:

On May 7, 12:15=A0pm, Art Todesco wrote:
When we do popcorn now, we put an old, I don't care if
it breaks, plate under the bag. =A0The middle of the plate becomes too
hot to touch after just on bag.

Paper plate. Won't get hot.

Yes, it will.

Won't transfer heat to the carousel.

Yes, it will.

Cheap.

I use a double paper towel sheet...works like a charm.
==

My microwave doesn't have that problem - it has no carousel - it has
a rotating antennae instead. Old Quasar (about 25 years old) - the
antennae disk had a problem (arc burn) within the first year under
warranty, but the unit has been rock solid dependable ever since.
oes an excellent job on popcorn when I do it - but my wife often
manages to burn the popcorn.