Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A dock ladder clamp

On Sat, 07 May 2011 06:24:25 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2011 04:59:58 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2011 21:42:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2011 23:03:24 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I used to watch a couple of TV programs every evening, with Mary when
she was at home but also even when she was in hospital or the rehab
place. But I can't get interested in that now. I'm watching hardly
any TV lately (except when on the treadmill during inclement weather)
and I can't get interested in reading anything but the newspaper yet.

But I am starting to get back to the shop once in a while.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._ladder_clamp/

Next project: make a steel plate, drill some holes in it and weld it
to a receiver tube insert. A Harbor Freight winch will bolt to the
plate. Kevin has a whole bunch of pesky shrubs he wants to pull and
thought this might be an easy way to do it.

I just did that exact thing! It works well, but the little HF 3k#
winches aren't quite up to snuff. Then again, I was trying to tilt
apple trees out of the ground.

Everybody should have a backhoe. I get it if it looks like more than
three shovel fulls of dirt.

AMEN, Karl.
(Send suitcases full of large, unmarked bills. I'll get one today!)

And when those pesky Leftwingers show up..its an easy way to get rid of
them!

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is