Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Cause of blue stain in toilet? Iodine?

On May 7, 5:32*pm, zek wrote:
On May 7, 7:24*pm, ShadowTek wrote:

I haven't cleaned my toilet bowl in about 2 months and I'm seeing this
blue trail of a stain running out from the large jet in bottom of the
bowl. I've never seen it before (and I've gone a lot longer than 2
monthes between cleanings in the past) so I'm just curious what might be
causing it.

One thought that crossed my mind is that it could be signs of the iodine
release from Japan, but I'm not sure if that's even possible to observe
like this.

Have a plumber check pipes for bad connections for ground on copper
pipes.

Greg

==
Or if you are in a city that uses potassium permanganate in the water
supply, they are adding too much. Have seen that happen.
==