Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

On May 7, 12:34*pm, (Doug Miller)
wrote:
In article , Art Todesco wrote:
Well, maybe the Subject line got your attention. *I just wanted to
vent a little and warn others of this potential problem. * My 2 year
old Whirlpool microwave oven started producing a burning plastic
type of smell. *I didn't notice it at the time, but it was always
when we did a bag of popcorn.

[snip looooong tale of woe]

There's a very simple solution: stop using your microwave to make popcorn, and
get one of these instead:http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-...-Pop/dp/B00004...

It will pay for itself rapidly with the money you'll save buying bulk popcorn
instead of those stupid little microwave bags. And it does a waaaaaayyyyy
better job of making popcorn, too.

I like using jiffy pop, the kind in the aluminum shaker. We find then
near campsites, but very hard to find otherwise. A grocery near our
campground sells them.

Popcorn is a difficult load for microwave. To small an area. Almost
better to also put in a cup of water.

Greg