Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article
, Larry
Fishel wrote:
On May 7, 12:15=A0pm, Art Todesco wrote:
When we do popcorn now, we put an old, I don't care if
it breaks, plate under the bag. =A0The middle of the plate becomes too
hot to touch after just on bag.

Paper plate. Won't get hot.

Yes, it will.

Won't transfer heat to the carousel.

Yes, it will.

Cheap.

I use a simple paper towel folded in half under the center section of
pop corn bags to act as a thermal insulator... the carousel does still
pick up little heat, but it's negligible. I do the same with frozen TV
dinners, and other items that tend to transfer large heat loads to the
carousel.

I think an inverted paper plate would work as well, or possibly a bit
better. A foam or plastic plate would not be a good idea for pop corn
use, and as always, carefully monitor all pop corn preparation in
microwaves.

I use the pop corn 'sensor' setting on my microwave and have noticed
that the paper towel insulator method very much decreases both the time
for kernels to begin popping, and total popping time.

Erik