Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

On Sat, 07 May 2011 14:14:13 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In , Art wrote:
Well, maybe the Subject line got your attention. I just wanted to
vent a little and warn others of this potential problem. My 2 year
old Whirlpool microwave oven started producing a burning plastic
type of smell. I didn't notice it at the time, but it was always
when we did a bag of popcorn.

[snip looooong tale of woe]

There's a very simple solution: stop using your microwave to make popcorn, and
get one of these instead:
http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-.../dp/B00004SU35

It will pay for itself rapidly with the money you'll save buying bulk popcorn
instead of those stupid little microwave bags. And it does a waaaaaayyyyy
better job of making popcorn, too.

Don't eat popcorn, it's bad for you. Buttered small popcorn at the
theater has about 3000 calories.

2990 in the butter.