Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_2_] Doug Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Popcorn in a microwave oven!

In article , LSMFT wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In , Art

wrote:
Well, maybe the Subject line got your attention. I just wanted to
vent a little and warn others of this potential problem. My 2 year
old Whirlpool microwave oven started producing a burning plastic
type of smell. I didn't notice it at the time, but it was always
when we did a bag of popcorn.

[snip looooong tale of woe]

There's a very simple solution: stop using your microwave to make popcorn, and
get one of these instead:
http://www.amazon.com/Wabash-Valley-.../dp/B00004SU35

It will pay for itself rapidly with the money you'll save buying bulk popcorn
instead of those stupid little microwave bags. And it does a waaaaaayyyyy
better job of making popcorn, too.

Don't eat popcorn, it's bad for you.

Absolute nonsense.

Buttered small popcorn at the
theater has about 3000 calories.

The problem there is the faux butter, not the popcorn. Popcorn is a very
low-calorie food.