Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Luigi, because you post through

On 07 May 2011 19:10:28 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I've truly liked only two email programs I've tried in all these years.
They were Eudora (paid version 3) and OE.

Of course, Eudora is for mail, not news ...

Missed that first part, didja? g Yes, the original post was on
news, but once someone said "Thunderbird" (and I got past the old
thought about it being a really icky, cheap wine) I thought "email
program". OE was an email prog, too, but I guess both can do news.
You could design and code websites with Netscape, but that wasn't its
main purpose. shrug

I never liked OE. Eudora 7.1.0.9 is now free. It has drawbacks, mainly

Free versions were always cluttered with farkin' advertising crap. I
wouldn't have one of those programs on my computer, ever.

for extended characters sets. For me it works fine. All my emails from 6
or so different email addresses go into the centralized inbox. Filtering
can automagically transfer to other email boxes, with sounds, notifications
and labels. There is junkmail capabilities (but I mainly use an older
version of Mailwasher for that). There are sigs and "stationery"
customizable for different "personalities".

See the newsgroup comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows for help, if needed.

For news I use Xnews. I started with the newshandling of the old Netscape
navigator. Xnews handles things similarly, but more powerfully. No fancy
html that can get you into trouble.

And I use Forte AGENT. My only complaint with it is that they still
haven't given me a way to filter responses to a given post as well as
the original poster.

--
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil
wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those