Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Referendum

On 07/05/11 20:37, John Rumm wrote:
On 07/05/2011 18:30, Roger Mills wrote:
a Tory overall majority less likely. But I'm still sad that the majority
decided (or allowed themselves to be brainwashed) that AV was a bad thing.

A 70% answer is not one just made from recently convinced floating voters,
and party stalwarts though.

Indeed. Up to a few weeks ago I was quite indifferent to the referendum and
was inclined not to vote at all and be indifferent to the result. What
pesuaded me to vote no was the constant whinining of those in favour, so
evident here that not only was FPTP 'unfair' but that anyone voting no was
somehow 'brainwashed' etc. It just made it all the more obvious that it was
a scheme of no benefit to anyone but the lib-dems. In the LibDem view
people would vote for them but for fear of something worse. An alternative
interpretation is that people vote LibDem to signal dissatisfaction with
their preferred major party.

--
djc