Posted to rec.woodworking
Edward Hennessey[_2_] Edward  Hennessey[_2_] is offline

Default Luigi, because you post through

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Leon wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message ...

On 5/6/2011 8:53 AM, Leon wrote:

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message
m...

Google, I don't see your posts unless others quote them.

Regards,

EH

That is something unique to you.

Hardly. Anyone using NewsProxy now that used it when newsgroups
were
actually popular probably has Google blocked. That was due to the
volume of crap that came from Google initiated by every wanna be
troll
in knee pants. Fortunately, that activity seems to have all but
disappeared.

Unique in that "he" will have to make the changes to be able to
correct the problem. I did not mean to say that only he has the
problem, just that the problem had to be corrected on his end.

What's going on with more and more newsreaders all of a sudden?
Reference
Leon's reply above to a previous post - no manner of differentiating
his
reply from the previous post. It's not just Leon's posts, it's been
showing
up in more and more posts by different people. Do people not know
how to
set their newsreader to insert something to differentiate their
reply from
the previous comments (seems unlikely, since this is not a
longstanding
problem), or has there been a recent release of one of the more
popular
newsreaders?

Request to those experiencing this - please take a look at your
reader
configuration, or at least insert something into your reply that
clearly
differentiates your comments from previous comments. It is
impossible to
sort through who said what in some of these replies.

This has been a situation starting with me using Windows Live Mail
on Win 7. I have not yet figured out how to keep it from stripping
off or adding the thingys.

As long as we are talking about newsreaders and OE,
does anyone know if OE allows you to put the "watch
eyeglasses" icon on a single post in a thread instead
of doing that to all thread posts when you only want
to watch one?

If this is possible, what is the maneuver?
If it is not possible in OE, is there a better newsreader
that has that capability?

Regards,

Edward Hennessey