Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Luigi, because you post through

On Sat, 07 May 2011 12:54:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 5/7/2011 12:41 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
FrozenNorth wrote:

Outlook Express was a bad newsreader, Windows Live Mail is atrocious.
Expect to see more of it as people migrate to Win7, unless they
download and use another program for news.

I don't think OE was all that bad - it was far from perfect, but it largely
functioned as a newsreader. The biggest problem I ever saw in it was
Microsoft's attempt to change the world of usenet and force top posting, but
that was easily overcome with little effort on the part of the poster. I
have not seen Win7 yet, nor Windows Live Mail, but it does seem like it is a
real cluster...

I liked OE ... it was simple and did exactly what I wanted it to do,
nothing more.

Ditto, with "exactly" being a key word. I've truly liked only two
email programs I've tried in all these years. They were Eudora (paid
version 3) and OE.

--
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil
wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those