Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] alan200@iinet.net.oz is offline

Default A dock ladder clamp

On Sat, 07 May 2011 04:59:58 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Everybody should have a backhoe. I get it if it looks like more than
three shovel fulls of dirt.

I have a Yanmar mini excavator and an ancient Fordson Major tractor
with FEL.

In March we had a thunderstorm and an 18" diameter Marri was
struck and killed by lightning. Part was shattered and ended up in
the next 2 neighbours yards, up to 100 yards away.

My son & I dug around the roots to about 3 feet, tied a rope
about 30 feet up to my Patrol's towhitch, put it in low range and also
pushed with the tractor as well, down it came, cut up with the
chainsaw, moved in the bucket and now there is just a smooth patch of
bare soil until we get some rain and grass grows.

I agree, everyone needs power shovels.

Alan