Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A dock ladder clamp

On Sat, 07 May 2011 04:59:58 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2011 21:42:11 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 06 May 2011 23:03:24 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I used to watch a couple of TV programs every evening, with Mary when
she was at home but also even when she was in hospital or the rehab
place. But I can't get interested in that now. I'm watching hardly
any TV lately (except when on the treadmill during inclement weather)
and I can't get interested in reading anything but the newspaper yet.

But I am starting to get back to the shop once in a while.

http://members.goldengate.net/dforem..._ladder_clamp/

Next project: make a steel plate, drill some holes in it and weld it
to a receiver tube insert. A Harbor Freight winch will bolt to the
plate. Kevin has a whole bunch of pesky shrubs he wants to pull and
thought this might be an easy way to do it.

I just did that exact thing! It works well, but the little HF 3k#
winches aren't quite up to snuff. Then again, I was trying to tilt
apple trees out of the ground.

Everybody should have a backhoe. I get it if it looks like more than
three shovel fulls of dirt.

AMEN, Karl.
(Send suitcases full of large, unmarked bills. I'll get one today!)

--
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil
wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those