Posted to alt.home.repair
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default Touch Sensitive Switch Turning Itself On

On May 6, 6:47*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On May 5, 9:19*pm, RonB wrote:

About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two
internal puck lamps. *The lamps are controlled by a small, round, dome
shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch adjusts
from low, medium to high intensity with gentle touch. *During the past
week or so I have noticed the lamps are turned onto the low intensity
without the switch being touched. *We have experienced at least one
brief power interruption during this period.

Has anyone had experience with these types of switches doing this? *I
am assuming there are no safety concerns.

RonB

The detection has to be pretty sensitive so disruptions in the supply
easily trip them. *I'm not a fan myself ans we don't have any but
there's nothing wrong with them other than the occasional false trip.

I'm going to assume it was power interruptions or surge, and keep an
eye on it for a while. We live in a rural area where brief
occurrences happen now and then. The switch really doesn't get used
much unless we are looking at something in the display cabinet.

Thanks to all.

RonB