Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Panasonic cordless drills are just dumb?

In article .com,

On 2011-05-06, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Mine will turn much slower. It will barely move at the lowest setting.
Mine is a 15.6V, but perhaps other sizes are different.

This is an advantage, how? What point is there in having a drill that
turns slower? Howzabout 50 rpm? One revolution per second slow
enough for you?

Wait! I do have one electrical device that turns at exactly 1 rpm.
It's my friggin' clock!!

nb

I guess you don't do any drilling in thick / structural metal, otherwise
you would know that 100 RPM is over the top speed for larger drill bits
like 1/2"+ in thick metal like 1/4"+ steel.

I'll agree with you there, but would you really use a cordless drill for
that?