Posted to uk.d-i-y
alexander.keys1[_3_] alexander.keys1[_3_] is offline

Default Assumptions about live/neutral

On May 2, 10:08*pm, Roger Mills wrote:
On 02/05/2011 21:36, alexander.keys1 wrote:

Some appliances are wired the wrong way round, yesterday I had to
reverse the blue and brown wires in the plug for a cheap handlamp that
I was fixing, which was found to have it's internal SP switch and the
centre of the ES lampholder connected to the blue wire...

Since when did two wrongs make a right? Shouldn't you have corrected the
problem in the *appliance*?
--
Cheers,
Roger

The internal connections were soldered, I didn't have time to fix them
as I needed the handlamp to do another job, anyway I'm going to buy a
decent one, as the reason for the first one needing fixing was that
the neon pilot light in the switch had caused the fuse to blow.