Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Touch Sensitive Switch Turning Itself On

On 5/5/2011 8:19 PM, RonB wrote:
About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two
internal puck lamps. The lamps are controlled by a small, round, dome
shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch adjusts
from low, medium to high intensity with gentle touch. During the past
week or so I have noticed the lamps are turned onto the low intensity
without the switch being touched. We have experienced at least one
brief power interruption during this period.

Has anyone had experience with these types of switches doing this? I
am assuming there are no safety concerns.

RonB

I once had a touch lamp that would come on whenever there was a power
burp. I would hear all the backup power supplies beeping their
complaints about the incoming power quality at which time I would
notice the touch lamp come on.

TDD