Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default seeking slip(ring)age

axolotl wrote:
On 5/5/2011 11:30 AM, Hactar wrote:
The catches are, it needs a 1" center hole (to go
around the axle nut), nothing can break if the wheel's removed
(that's easy, just push a button) and the body's put in a car trunk,
and it only has about 10mm clearance axially.

The most common slipring assembly is the slipring on the steering
column of an auto for the horn. Perhaps two different size diameters
can be found.
Kevin Gallimore

Seems to me everybody is making this way more difficult than it needs to
be . A plastic disc with two rings of thin brass glued to it , holes thru to
solder a wire to the back side of the rings . Mount 'em on the wheel , use a
pair of slot car type brushes mounted to the frame of the chair to feed the
power to the rings . Done deal , and if he wants 4 rings instead of two ,
that just ain't that much harder.
Fer cryin' out loud , I could whip this up outta scraps I have layin'
around in an afternoon !!
--
Snag
Learning keeps