Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ghost in The Machine The Ghost in The Machine is offline

Default Touch Sensitive Switch Turning Itself On

On May 5, 9:19*pm, RonB wrote:
About five years ago I built a curio cabinet for my wife with two
internal puck lamps. *The lamps are controlled by a small, round, dome
shaped touch switch on the back of the cabinet. The switch adjusts
from low, medium to high intensity with gentle touch. *During the past
week or so I have noticed the lamps are turned onto the low intensity
without the switch being touched. *We have experienced at least one
brief power interruption during this period.

Has anyone had experience with these types of switches doing this? *I
am assuming there are no safety concerns.

RonB

HUMIDITY MAY BE A FACTOR....I LIKE THEM, BUT I'D REMOVE IT...A SHORT
ANYWHERE NEAR THAT CIRCUIT MAY HAVE AFFECTED THE ELECTRONIC SWITCHES
INTERNAL COMPONENTS....A REGULAR DIMMER MAY BE BETTER.

TGITM