Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default under cabinet kitchen counter lighting?

On May 5, 4:46*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On May 5, 12:04*pm, zek wrote:

On May 4, 7:49*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:

looking for ideas... *trying to help someone remodel a kitchen. *she
HATES the old under cabinet fluorescent fixtures with the buzzing,
flickering, etc. Last weekend I cut a box in the ceiling above her sink
so she could ditch an old surface mount fluorescent for a pendant type
fixture, you'd have thought that I painted the whole room for her as
happy as she seemed. *So given that, are there any attractive fixtures,
either LED or fluorescent (with electronic ballasts of course) to hang
under your typical kitchen cabinets that can be hardwired and are not
extortionately expensive? *what are good brands these days? *I can do
the work but am not tapped into the world of electricians so I could use
some ideas to get started.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I use Cree LEDs and I see a bunch of ne models. I need 3000degrees or
under for nice warm light.
I am driving about 100ma or less with a small aluminum plate for
dissipation. Also use them in bath. They are ALWAYS on, and are on
battery backup. Like this....http://www.ledsupply.com/creexpg-ww105.php

Greg- Hide quoted text -

I like my LED lighting too. I didnt care much for the little wall wart
power supply that came with them so I replaced it with a little 1 amp
brick type power supply think it was made by Sola. I dont consider
these task lighting, really more for general illumination than
anything else but 90% + of the time it serves the purpose so the
incandescent lighting is mostly used for kitchen clean up.

Jimmie

The same Cree led I use outside. I illuminate two trees with two LEDs
running 500 ma.
I want the new model in a 3 led something over 500 lumens for $16
bucks each. Trees light up more brightly because of the lens than with
a flood.

Greg