Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hactar Hactar is offline

Default seeking slip(ring)age

In article ,
Josepi After a 1 year Usenet restriction resulting from a criminal charge a troll, blaming me attempts to incite group harrassment Spends $100s monthly on accounts just to troll wrote:
"Hactar" wrote in message ...

PM? That sounds like a moving-magnet generator to me, which might have
problems if I stop, which I might do for an hour or two.

PM = permanent magnet.

I guess your motives are unclear then. I understand you want to generate
electrical energy form a mechanism installed on your whel chair wheels. A
generator would be the only way to do this whatever the mechanism.

Is my logic too far off?

Indeed, sorry if I was unclear. A generator would make it too hard to
push (OK, harder than it is now), and wouldn't work at all without
constant energy input. Right now each string is independently powered
and switched, by a wheel-mounted battery pack. I aim to have one
centralized battery (+ voltage conversion if necessary) and one switch.
That's where the slipring comes in.

--
-eben
P http://royalty.mine.nu:81

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken