Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another R-22 heat pump update

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
:

I had better luck teaching the second group,
because the degreed types were insulted that someone dared tell them

how
something worked, or how to fix it. The first step in teaching is
having a student who wants to learn. If you don't have that they

aren't
going to learn anything useful.

I'm not talking about "degrees". I wouldn't hire a BSEE for that job.
I'm talking about technical school graduates who had some actual theory
under their belts.

BSEEs are in their own little world. MSEEs on another planet, and PhDEEs
in another dimension (not that I don't appreciate the work they do...
that's what keeps us "grunts" working)

LLoyd