Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default under cabinet kitchen counter lighting?

"RBM" wrote in message

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
looking for ideas... trying to help someone remodel a kitchen. she
HATES the old under cabinet fluorescent fixtures with the buzzing,
flickering, etc. Last weekend I cut a box in the ceiling above her sink
so she could ditch an old surface mount fluorescent for a pendant type
fixture, you'd have thought that I painted the whole room for her as
happy as she seemed. So given that, are there any attractive fixtures,
either LED or fluorescent (with electronic ballasts of course) to hang
under your typical kitchen cabinets that can be hardwired and are not
extortionately expensive? what are good brands these days? I can do the
work but am not tapped into the world of electricians so I could use some
ideas to get started.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

** I like the under cabinet Xenon made by Counter Attack. They're line
voltage, with 35 watt lamps

I didn't like fluorescent, halogen was too hot and bulbs didn't last long.
Finally, I went for line voltage "American Lighting" brand Xenon fixtures.
They are available in pucks and strips. Xenon bulbs last longer and don't
run as hot as halogen. Line voltage allows a dimmer to be used to control
several fixtures at a time.