Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default 4 wheel drive rolling effort vs 2 wheel drive

oldjag wrote:

I have an '90 Audi 200 Quattro wagon with about 260K miles on the

etc. On these trips my overall mpg has varied from 27-29mpg, with

(gloat on)
I have a Honda Civic Hybrid, and get a little over 50 MPG tooling around
town.
On long trips, I tend to want to get there, and am usually lugging tons of
stuff, like a desktop milling machine, several computers, and a bunch of
other heavy stuff to a show. I still get about 47-49 MPG on those trips.

People tell me about getting over 70 MPG with these, but I have no idea how
they do that. It is a 2WD car, of course.
(gloat off)

Jon