Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK DVDs

Ron Lowe wrote:
On 05/05/2011 20:13, Dave wrote:
If my wife buys a DVD of last Fridays wedding, I assume it will not play
in Canada, due to the region lockout.

Will DVD de-crypt cure this problem?

Dave

Small-scale producers won't have region coding on their DVDs.

However, the vid will be PAL / 25fps.

Most DVD players in the Rest Of The World can handle PAL and NTSC and
output whatever you want. But in the US ( and I'd guess Canada ), they
are generally fixed NTSC only. It will just barf at the PAL disk.

Decrypting progs typically don't fix the PAL / NTSC conversion required.

You can hunt for a program, or ask if the producers can create one for
you in NTSC / 30fps

There *will* be several available......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Willi.../dp/B004RRW30W

For a start. I'd guess the North American continent will be one of the
biggest markets.

Failing that, Any DVD decrypter will rip it, and just about any video
editing program will convert it. I use AnyDVD, which is illegal to use
in the USA due to the Millenium copyright act or whatever it's called.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.