BigWallop

Default Routing gas pipe

wrote in message
BigWallop wrote:

"Tony Hayes" wrote in message
t...
Is it OK practice to run a gas pipe from the meter (inside house) back

the outside and back inside another room? Probably about five metres

would
be outside house.

No gas in the kitchen (electric cooker) but now looking at possibly

changing
to gas cooking. Unfortunately, no straightforward way of routing the

gas
pipe inside.

If it is OK, should this pipe be underground or would it be OK clipped

the outside wall, suitably protected?

Thanks
Tony

As long as you're not using pipe that rusts, then you're OK. If it is

in a
position where it may by in line for a lot of punishment, then cladding

it
in a larger PVC pipe should protect it enough.

Our gas pipes (presumably installed correctly) certainly run outside
the walls of the house with no extra protection. Just copper pipe
tidily clipped.

Chris Green )

There is nothing I know of that says this is not safe in a domestic
installation, but there are requirements for protection if it were in an
industrial situation.

I suppose if the pipe were to be in danger of being damaged from someone
using machinery around the house, then it would be the safer option to
install some kind of cladding around the most exposed parts of the pipework
though.

A coat of acrylic paint to match it with the house is the only way around
unsightly pipes running everywhere, or more mess inside the house to make an
internal route for them. Catch 22 springs to mind. :-))