Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honda Engine/ Generator question

On May 4, 4:17*pm, Andy wrote:
Andy asks.

* *I have always heard that Honda Engines and Generators are
of a very high quality, longer lasting, etc.... They also cost
2-3 times as much as Briggs, Tecumseh, etc.........

* * *So, do any of the mechanical people here know exactly
what Honda does to their engines that makes them last
longer ? *I means, specifically, what mechanical changes
do the Honda people put into their engines that make such
a drastic increase in reliability...... and cost.......??

* * *Thanks for your informed replies.....

* * * * * * *Andy in Eureka, Texas

I've had a lot of honda products and they make pretty good stuff. I
don't think you can point to any one set of specifics, rather the
engineering is decent and they mare manufactured with quality
components.

I have one of those el-cheapo generators myself simply because I only
use it every few years when we have a power outage and a couple other
times when I needed power somewhere remote. Once was when I needed to
drill some holes in my boat trailer and the boat had to be off it.