Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Referendum

On Wed, 4 May 2011 17:26:24 +0100, "Robin" wrote:

What all the minority parties will be pushing like mad is that you
need to put them somewhere in your vote, so please rank all
candidates. So the Sheeple will.

Which may increase pressure to change the current practice of listing
candidates alphabetically*. There is already concern that this favours
those listed first. With AV, there be a tendency among some to go down
the page after (or indeed without) voting for their top pick - sometimes
called "donkey voting". Australia uses a system which shuffles names so
candidate's names appear a certain proportion of times at every position
on the paper to even this out. Now that must add to the costs of
running elections so the "Yes" campaign have lied too.

I don't think we should be fixated on the costs of the election.
Democracy is more important that a few pounds saved.

Scrapping elections would save even more money.
--
(\__/) M.