Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default 1/3 on topic, 2/3 Wood--- Motor Carts, 1949

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 3, 11:11 pm, "Pete S" wrote:

I went googling for simple motor cart designs and couldn't find any as basic
as the ones we built 'way back when. So I put up a page about our kind of
first motor vehicle. It is he

http://www.spaco.org/MotorCart/MotorCart.htm

Pete Stanaitis
---------------

Here's the same type of clutch on my sawmill:
https://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/...07508265721842

The belt wouldn't slip properly until I removed the paint from the
groove of the smaller drive pulley. The sleeve that holds the
tensioning eyebolt pivots on the threads that fasten it to the
operating crank. I want to see how well that simple shortcut holds up.

jsw

Great page Jim!

There aren't too many of us left who remember the Maytag gasoline engine
powered washing machines.

All I have left now is a spark plug from one of those Maytag engines:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia