Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof Hatch

On May 4, 11:04*am, RonB wrote:
On May 4, 7:58*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

On May 4, 8:41*am, Joe Sanchez wrote:

I want to build a roof hatch using exterior grade plywood.What can I
use to cover the hatch besides roofing paper? What kind of paint can I
use?
Thanx.

Most of these are usually covered with metal or roof shingles. *Paint
won't hold up and you'd be repainting it way more than you will like.

You might want to look for a prefabricated one. *While it might seem
more expensive than building one from scratch it will save you in the
long run.

Is this in the house or a shed? *If house water damage is a concern
you might also look at one of the openable skylights. *I believe some
of those will allow a full open.

If building one, you might try a local sheet metal or HVAC
contractor. *Either might bend up a galvanized cap similar to that
used on top of framed fireplace caps.

RonB

Or even better, metal one that you can just buy already made.