Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Calling all birthers

On 5/4/2011 12:21 PM, wrote:
On May 3, 2:57 pm,

You're entitled to that opinion, but I can assure you that many other
people would judge what he said as not only anti American but as a
threat to the president's life.

Hawke

I can not see how you can say that. Explain to me exactly what was
anti American. His comments were against an individual, not against a
country or the government.

And while you are at it, explain what threat he made. He did not say
that he was going to take any action.

But if you can find many people that say his remarks were anti
American and that he made threats, have them post their comments
here. I am always open to being surprised by how many stupid people
there are.

Dan

Okay, lots of people see it as anti American when someone is highly
critical of and directs personally derogatory statements toward the
president of the United States. I'm not saying I feel this way but when
you show deep public disrespect for the president a lot of people see
that as anti American. You don't know people who think that? If not, I'd
be surprised.

He also said he'd like to see the president at the end of a rope. If
nothing else that implies he'd like to see him dead, lynched. Many
people interpret statements like that as a threat. Send a letter to the
president that says that and see if the Secret Service thinks that is a
threat. I can tell you they will.

That's why I said people would see what Rich said as anti American and
as a threat. To the casual observer I would think it's obvious.

Hawke