Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Texas Governor wants help

Larry Jaques on Wed, 04 May 2011
04:56:42 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Tue, 03 May 2011 21:50:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Tue, 03 May 2011 11:22:31 -0700

Reply: Then why doesn't Texas say give us all the IRS money we sent you and
we will fight our own fires. As well as we are going to charge you in the
USA, less Texas more for our oil and refinery products. Sounds like your
solution.

Point, set and match!!

Very well done Sir!

How about doing gas rationing..say by voter registration card?

$10 a gallon for Democrats, $.99 a gallon for conservatives?

Any driver of a car with an Obama sticker, or other sign of
Progressive sentiments, Is to return to morrow with a new hybrid.; and
will then get a number for the line for the solar powered pump.
Service is available between the hours of civil twilight and one hour
past sunrise, and from one hour before sunset and civil twilight in
the evenings. Weather permitting. Presuming they have filed the
proper permits, and have the requisite license to use a carbon dioxide
producing means of transportation.

Very good, sir. But why not take it all the way? They must not be
allowed to buy Hybrids or use carbon-dioxide-producing vehicles. They
shall be required to buy totally electric cars, complete with solar
roofs for charging, so as to eliminate _all_ ghastly and deadly CO2
production.

But I _want_ to _sell_ them gasoline. At $4.05 a quart! But I
just want them to truly value the gasoline they are buying, and
understand that their actions have consequences. If they wish to back
a job destroying ideology, then let them enjoy the fruits of their
"labor."
You don't like high gas prices, then go buy a new car.
We don't need to expand oil production, we can use alternative
sources of "energy".
"Win the Future" with Green Energy.

This requirement would would have double benefits: keeping them at
home more + keeping them out of the saner public's way.

As an alternative, I would require them to ride bicycles made
entirely from natural products (and carbon fibre is _not_ a natural
product), and assembled using nothing which involved petrochemicals or
electricity in the manufacturing, processing or transportation.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!