Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter[_13_] Peter[_13_] is offline

Default Composite video from Compaq Armada e500 to Panasonic LCD TV TC-20LA1.

On Apr 8, 2:33*pm, mike wrote:
But it might be effective to just compare the waveform while booting
when it does work
to the wavefrom after booting when it doesn't work.

There are now two photos from the screen of the storage scope on a
server.
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/BiosDisplay.jpg is the signal from
the BIOS display.
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/XdmDisplay.jpg is the signal from
XDM.
Just to recapitulate, the BIOS display is visible on the Panasonic TV.
The XDM display is not; as if not syncing. I've never checked a
composite
signal. Do these photos give any ideas?

By the way, I connected the scope lead to the center pin of the
composite
connector. Did not connect the shield of the scope lead and did not
connect
the shield of the composite connector. What is the best way to
connect a
scope to composite video? In case it helps, this scope can subtract
two signals.

Thanks, ... Peter E.