Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Offsite records for when your home is blown away

"Pete C." wrote in
ter.com:

Jim Yanik wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
ster.com:

Add to this, keep a copy of those scans on the micro-SD card in
your cell phone as well. Most people evacuating will have their
cell phone with them and it's easy enough to find an adapter to
print copies from the micro-SD if needed. You can also readily get
one of the very tiny USB flash drives and keep it in your wallet.
Add to that, keep your important stuff as pics on your cell phone
as well, a good pic of your DL on your cell phone is probably
sufficient in an emergency.

If you lose your cellphone,then others have your personal
information. It's not uncommon for people to lose their cellphones.

I've had a cell phone since 1990 and I've never lost one.

Oh,so EVERYBODY is just like you....?
I've found other people's cellphones,and read about other people doing the
same. My local paper has "ticked-off" column that also has "the flip side"
where people have thanked others for turning in their lost phones. I just
read about one yeasterday.

you could save your data on a SD card,as many PCs have card
reader/writers or can accept one in a USB port. Then the SD card can
be put in a secure location.

I wouldn't like the lump from a USB drive in my wallet,a SD card
would be slimmer. BTW,wallets get lost or stolen too.
I guess you'd have to use encryption.

There are flat USB drives available that are around the size of a
mini-SD card and the same thickness.

And probably costing much more than a simple SD card.
Heck,I can go into any drugstore or Wal-Mart and buy a SD card.
rugged and simple;KISS.

the USB -connector- alone is twice as thick as a SD card.
and having it in your -wallet- with all the stresses that would put on
it....not a good idea,IMO.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik