Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homeowner's Insurance Claim -- use it to repair roof?

On May 3, 7:58*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
ms960 wrote:

So that's the impetus for my first question -- can I use the money
from the insurance company that was for the siding instead for the
roof? *I've heard from a lot of people, here included, and there
doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer either way.

Yes.

I agree. I think you can use the money anyway you like. It's not
fraud unless you have another storm and try to claim the siding got
damaged again. That's fraud.

Peple do the same thing with car insurance all the time. You can
decide not to fix your car if you think you can live with the damage.