Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another R-22 heat pump update

After the cap charges (it's thin layers of foil separated by
plastic), it will show infinite resistance. You need either
a capacitance scale on your VOM, or use a swing meter VOM on
ohms scale. With the swing needle meter, you put the ohms
leads on, and then reverse the leads. A good cap, the needle
jumps a bit, and then goes to infinity.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Gardner" w@w wrote in message
Thanks all for the remote troubleshooting! The cap has
leads for the
fan, compressor and a common. I can't find my VTVM or any
analog
meter but a DVM shown infinite resistance between all
terminals at all
settings from milliohms to megohms. I do believe it's safe
to say the
cap is caput. To bad all the parts stores are closed
today.