Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looks like Earthlink's connection to Giganews is down again.

On 2011-05-02, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Beryl wrote:

[ ... ]

I had Earthlink dialup once-upon-a-time, at somewhere around $20+ per

[ ... ]

Call Raj. He really doesn't want you to go.

I have broadband, not dialup. My chices a

1: AOL
2: Road Runner
3: Earthlink

Guess which one offers newsgroups?

You don't *have* to use *their* usenet feed. With broadband,
you can connect to any of a number of commercial news servers which do a
*lot* better than the ISPs *who* sort of do usenet because some people
want it. My choice is Newsguy -- but there are others which have been
mentioned here as well.

I know that, but I am paying $49 a month for broadband internet and
usenet so I don't want to spend even more. It's already my second
largest bill every monnth.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.