Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Three contractors no showed

On May 2, 3:09*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2011 11:52:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
On May 2, 8:02*am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 1 May 2011 16:49:09 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:

What's to gain by having an "easy mark" agree to your price but then
not show up to take his money?

After I had my coffee I realize what I did, and call the guy and
apologize, tell him to come back and get another hundred.
As far as I know, he understood, but after a couple days of no show
I call him again and tell him the same.
He never showed.

Nice story and very commendable on your part, but what does it have to
do with my question regarding an "easy mark"?

What, the story has to match exactly?
I just matched the "not show up to take his money" part.
That's all I got. *Sorry.

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps you missed the point of my question, but it's not worth
pursuing.

In any case, classy move on your part in trying to get the contractor
his money.