Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default They buried Osama at sea? WTF!?!!!!???

"Josepi" wrote in message
Sitting on the ground right next to the cell antenna, sure...well maybe.

You conveniently left out the part that takes time for the cell system to
switch cells when you move. It takes time and the plane would be moving if
it wanted to stay in the air.

Right. But it works. I've been there. So have most people who were flying
and had cell phones in the early '90s. My use of them dates back to the
Motorola Lunch Boxes, and I've had them ever since.

The US had two plane attacks from terrorist hijacks and a third one, off
course, and not answering their call. They scrambled fighters too late to
intercept the first two but they were in the air freaking out.

You tell me what they did. Escort them to safety? Admit they shot their
own people down? They made up a story about heroics and blamed it on the
terrorists.

What they did is look down at the smoking wreckage of Flight 93. I had a
friend on that plane -- Joe DeLuca.

--
Ed Huntress

-------------------
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message ...
Uh, if you've never used a cell phone on a plane, before they changed the
system, it worked very well. You locked onto one cell for a very long
time,
and there were a lot of choices. It really tied up the cells around an
airport when half the people on all of the planes coming in for a landing
got on their phones at once, calling home to tell someone they were
arriving.

I did it all the time until they outlawed it.

Are you saying you don't believe it happened on Flight 93?